I’ve written for a variety of publications on topics such as motherhood, well-being and faith. Here’s a sampling of my favorite articles and essays.
- Ten things I would tell my pre-mom self
- What Tidying Up can teach us about grace
- This is exactly how new moms feel — so why isn’t anyone talking about it?
- Fit & faithful
- Eight doable New Year’s resolutions for moms
- What science tells us about raising faithful children
- Gathered together, changed forever
- How to write a great email
- A chain of support
- Why millennials aren’t at church
- On clergy juggling two jobs*
- Refugees grow food and community
- How pets influence our faith
- Church for children with special needs
- On sexism in the church
- Lutheran response to Gulf Coast flooding
- Refugees start over in Michigan
- Proclaiming God’s love: From Cambodia to Costa Rica
*Winner of an Associated Church Press Award of Merit in 2017.
- Birth story: Moments after, I heard ‘he’s not breathing’
- How I’m teaching my son about Christmas
- Why and how I prioritize self-care as a mom
- It’s going to be alright: Wrestling with working motherhood
- The faith of my grandfathers
- Why becoming a mother actually boosted my career
- This is how I finally confronted my office bully
- What helped end my #fitspo obession–for good*
- To my mom, with love
- Back on my mat
- On expecting a baby during Advent
*Listen to an interview I did about this story here.